Adapting to Change
Adapting to Change – step by step: A guide explaining how to adapt to the change in your situation. There are also lots of help, hints about the techniques you need for finding your new job. Among the many areas covered are interview preparation and techniques, tips on finding your ideal job, your first day at work and how to get the most from your job.
Adapting to Change – step by step – features at a glance
- Adapting to Change: Taking stock
- Prepare for interviews, hints and tips
- Tips for finding a new job
- Creating CVs and covering letters
- Succeed in your career
- Discover your skills
Adapting to Change – overview and content
Adapting to Change – Guide Overview
The easy-to read pages will tell you all you need to know starting with looking for jobs, then interviews and moving on to actually starting work.
You’ll find many tips on where to find local jobs and we have even supplied lots of links to the careers and job vacancies section of numerous national employers.
There is advice and help on how to speak to people on the phone as you enquire about job vacancies, with some useful phrases for you to use. You’ll also discover how to get through to the right people. To prepare you for your interview we have also included typical questions and suggested answers.
We’ve only mentioned a few of the many job skills that the guide covers. It ends with advice on what should be included in employee’s contracts and how to be properly prepared for the first day of work.
Adapting to Change – Guide Content
- Where do you go from here?
- Deciding what to do next
- Goal getting
- Responding to written requests.
- Following spoken instructions.
- Communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Interview skills and techniques.
Job seeking abilities
- Introducing yourself to people who you don’t know.
- Feeling comfortable talking to new people.
- Making a telephone call to someone that you don’t know asking for simple information or job opportunities.
- Being prepared to put time and effort into learning new skills.
- Being properly prepared for an interview.
Finding the ideal job
- Types of work.
- The skills needed for different types of work.
- Awareness of the local labour market.
- Finding hidden jobs.
- Getting advice to help with decisions.
- Finding out what you are good at.
- The skills and work experience needed to get a particular job.
- The qualifications needed for certain jobs.
- Considering different jobs to your main choice.
- Being ready to start your new job.